Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

tick tock

Friday, October 9, 2009
"Don't ever wish the time away"

This is some of the best advice I have ever received. My dear friend Kris Giannosa told me this while I was still pregnant. So I try to take in every moment, as I already feel those precious moments slipping through my fingers.

Her face is already so different and she becomes stronger everyday. Her newborn clothes are getting snug and she has lost her newborn cry. She lost the newborn smell weeks ago and her slate gray eyes are slowly changing color. Her "waking up stretch" [as I called it] happens less and less and she doesn't sleep in her "baby bean" position anymore.

Honestly, some days this feels so overwhelming. Like I'm missing so much or not taking it all in. Although I know in my heart I am doing my best to not miss a moment, she is growing so fast and I just can't believe how quickly these last 8 weeks have flown by. And it will only go by quicker and quicker.

Thank you God, for our daughter. Thank you for her strength and health. Thank you for her beautiful smile and for entrusting her to us. Help us to raise her in a way that makes you proud and represents you.

0 comments to tick tock:

Post a Comment