Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

A time for pain and a time to heal

Wednesday, September 9, 2009
The rest of Harper's belly button scab fell off today! It has completely grossed me out from the very beginning. On her very 1st appointment I asked the doctor to cut the clip off cause changing her diaper and having to see it made me queasy. And when the leftover "pinched skin" scab fell off I didn't even look at it, my mom just told me it happened. But I didn't get off completely free... as I was feeding her today the remainder of the bloody part fell off and onto my lap. I flicked it off instantly! But it was fun looking at her belly button for the 1st time!!! Man, am I relieved that process is through. I wonder if she'll be an inny or an outie?!?

Harper gets her shots next month and we need to research which ones we do and don't want her to have. The list they gave us had about a dozen immunizations and we have a hard time believing she needs all of them. We will keep you posted about what we choose.

I had my postpartum check up today. Everything is healing up really well! She said almost all of the stitches are gone! I have lost all but 4 pounds of my pregnancy weight and we talked about our birth control options. I have been having nightmares about being pregnant again. I am just not ready to relive it yet!!! Our doctor gave us info about an IUD and to our surprise insurance covers the cost 100%! So we have an appointment at the end of October, we just need to decide which IUD is right for us. In the meantime, it's back on the pill for me.

We are doing good. Harper is getting so big and already trying to crawl when we lay her on her tummy. My healing process is almost complete and I'm so thankful because it has been tedious. John is an amazing father with a 6th sense about what Harper needs. Right know he is teaching his mom what she likes and doesn't like when she is fussy. :) Breast feedng is still going very well and Harper sleeps on average aout 5 hours straight in a night!

We have many friends right now that are pregnant and as EXCITED as we are for them, I am so thankful I'm not pregnant anymore. We'll want to be pregnant again someday. But someday is not today.


Fun Fact: All but 1 of the girls that were in our wedding are pregnant/expecting a baby!!!

0 comments to A time for pain and a time to heal:

Post a Comment