Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

cry me a river

Thursday, September 24, 2009
We've come to learn Harper's cries!

Well, most of them. Most of the time.


Hungry Cry:
Imagine a little lamb bleeting. Now replace the 'B' from baa, with an M. Maa!! Maaaa! Maaaaaa! Very very cute. It's a cry I don't mind hearing.

Her Mad Cry. Or as I like to call it, "Bulls on Parade":
It's like winding up a toy. You wind it to its max and then you release it. When Harper is pissed she holds it in while it builds and when she lets go it is loud and mad and she turns bright red. Her voice strains and her body tenses. It is big cry for a tiny baby. When ever I hear this cry "Bulls on Parade" plays in my head. Don't ask me why. But my guess would be a mad song matching a mad cry.

Lonely Cry:
When she notices she is all alone in a room she starts whimpering. She kicks her little legs like she is riding a bike and whines. It starts off quiet but quickly gets louder. It builds till you pick her up and give her lovins. She usually starts smiling right away. :)

Hurt Cry:
This cry breaks my heart. She opens her eyes and her little chin and mouth quiver as she cries. It's not as loud as the mad cry. It's a hurt cry. I don't know how else to explain it. When she has a tummy ache or gas and we can't fix it and she has been crying for awhile she calms down, but has a look in her eyes like she has been defeated. Poor baby!!! It really is heartbreaking.

Tired Cry. Or "Gentleman, Start your Engines":
This one makes me laugh. She sounds like an engine revving. WhAAaaAAaaAAaa! MmmmMmmmMmm! WhAAaaAAaaAA! Hilarious. And when we have to bounce her to sleep it only intensifies.

It's amazing how they still manage to communicate by crying. Although we are really looking forward to when she can tell us what she wants by using her words.

0 comments to cry me a river:

Post a Comment